The S5 is an aerodynamic road bike built for the fastest sprinters in the world. It is stiffer and more aerodynamic than ever before, while offering excellent comfort and ride quality. If you live for the exhilaration of going fast, the S5 will give you every possible advantage.
CERVELO S5 DISC ROAD FRAMESET
The S5 Disc Road Frameset is an excellent starting point for a fast road or race bike, as it represents the culmination of many years work by Cervélo’s engineers in their quest for aerodynamic perfection. The combination of TrueAero tube design and the two-piece combination V-Aero handlebar and stem save over five watts at 40kph in comparison to the previous iteration and the frame is lighter too. Improved power transfer is taken care of by the 25% increase in bottom bracket stiffness whilst the handling remains stable and predictable, due in part to the 13% improvement in headtube stiffness. The frame features an aggressive, racy geometry that is perfect for travelling quickly, but comfort has been taken into consideration too, with a decent amount of compliance built into the carbon layup and the potential to fit wide, 28mm tyres to help absorb some road buzz. Furthermore, the innovative front end set up is actually adjustable, with both the handlebar pitch and height able to be changed, or even the stem or handlebar swapped out independently of each other so a perfect position can be attained.
- TrueAero combines specific tube shapes, sizes and design features to improve aerodynamic flow
- Extended seat tube cutout to shield the leading edge of the rear wheel for reduced drag
- The material, shape and layup make for stable and predictable handling and efficient power transfer. There's a 13% increase in headtube (torsional) stiffness, and 25% increased stiffness at the bottom bracket
- BBright system - Utilising larger tubes in the seat tube, down tube and left-hand chainstay, stiffness and pedalling efficiency are increased while keeping weight to a minimum
- Internal cable routing
- Clearance for tyres up to 28mm wide
- Fully adjustable bar and stem system: Handlebar stack range of 2.5mm, independent of the stem, pitch adjustment in two steps, to 2.5 degrees or 5 degrees, stem stack range of up to 30mm (in 5mm increments)