What is it?
The Iconic SILCA Presta Only Head (formerly the 30.0) has been updated during its transition to American production. The highly efficient push-on design securely seals on Presta valves with no levers or buttons to operate.
Who's it for?
The uncompromising cyclist that demands a gasket that slips onto the valve stem with a positive and satisfying 'click', while unique internal geometry actually utilizes line air pressure to compress the gasket onto the valve stem: the higher you pump, the harder it grips the stem!
WHY WE DESIGNED IT:
In a world where aluminum is used to replace brass for cost, and plastic is used to replace aluminum for cost, and so on, we felt the need to re-imagine this most iconic of cycling tools as an heirloom quality objet d'art. The utmost care has been taken to machine the part using mono-crystaline diamond tooling to get the perfect surface finish, while the final feel of the part benefits from an investigation into more than 20 different styles and depths of knurl so that it will feel 'just-so' in your hands as it provides a lifetime of useful enjoyment. This is truly a tool you will hand down to your children and they in turn onto theirs.
- Iconic Silca Presta Head Design - in use by more pro team and shop mechanics than any other!
- 17-4 Stainless Material, 6X the strength and 2X the hardness of Brass
- Full Synthetic Elastomer 242 Gasket with 5X the durability of traditional rubber materials
- Pressure amplifying dome geometry uses air pressure to clamp valve stem
- Schrader valve thread on hose side threads into any Schrader compatible hose attachment
*Subject to availability. Specifications subject to change without notice.